Distribution Management Services (DMS) Department was setup in the year 2001 to undertake various distribution projects on consultancy basis.
DMS department in its more than two decades of existence has taken lead role and has made valuable contribution to Government of India’s flagship programs which were aimed at bringing qualitative changes and improvement in rural areas by establishing comprehensive electricity infrastructure and providing electricity service connections to households.
DMS department is involved in successful implementation of many schemes, which are as under:
• Accelerated Power Development Programme (APDRP)
• Restructured Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Programme (RAPDRP)
• Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY)
• Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS)
• Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY),
• Prime Minister's Development Package (PMDP)
• Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana (SAUBHAGYA)
• North Eastern Region Power System Improvement Project (NERPSIP)
• Comprehensive Scheme for strengthening of Transmission & Distribution in Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim
DMS department has also acted as an Advisor-cum-Consultant (AcC) to Ministry of Power for implementation of APDRP. Distribution Projects of about Rs 14200 Cr capital cost has been implemented by POWERGRID under these schemes.
Brief of work done is as follows:
|Value of Work||~Rs 14200 Crore|
|Villages electrified||~87500 Nos|
|Household connection released||~44 Lacs|
|New Distribution Substation||290 Nos|
|Augmentation of Existing Substation||469 Nos|
Gamut of works under taken by DMS department for above works consists of:
DPR Formulation, Costing, Tendering, Placement of Award, Engineering, Implementation, Monitoring, Completion, Commissioning and Closure.
Other Important works undertaken:
• Provided technical and implementation assistance for IPDS work in Old Kashi area of Varanasi Town.
• Provided technical assistance for Haridwar underground cabling work.
• Worked as Third Party Independent Evaluation Agency - IT (TPIEA-IT) for Southern Zone in IPDS
• Working as Project Management Agency (PMA) for REPTCL’s work for JKPDD
Present ongoing assignments:
|Name||Value||Scope of Work|
|Rural Electrification Infrastructure works under DDUGY/PMDP schemes are under progress in 6 districts in J&K UT and 2 districts in Ladakh UT||Rs 490 Cr||
Village – 818 Nos
|Intra-state transmission works of 6 projects are under progress in J&K UT under PMDP||Rs 426 Cr||
220 kV AIS Substation – 3 Nos
|North Eastern Region Power System Improvement Project (NERPSIP)||Rs 1234 Cr||
33 kV SS - 85 New and 102 Ext./Aug
|Comprehensive Scheme for strengthening of Transmission & Distribution in Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim||Rs 374 Cr||
33 kV SS - 46 New and 7 Ext./Aug.
|Nepal –PSC-PTDEEP works||
Rs 788 Cr.
|U/G Cabling Work (HT-385km, HT AB Cable-205km, LT-434km, LT AB cable-315km, RMU-500No., LT Feeder Panel-6035No.)|
|DPR preparation for 18 Urban Centers in Nepal||-||Distribution System Strengthening for 20 years Load Growth|
|Neighborhood Electrification works consisting of 33/11KV New Substation & associated 33KV, 11KV & 0.4KV Lines (Chilme -Trishuli)||
Rs 19 Cr.
|Engineering associated with Distribution portion of Project|
|Reconstruction of Electricity network in earth quake affected in Nuakot and Rasuwa Districts in Nepal||
Rs 44 Cr.
Bid preparation, Engg, Implementation: